Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mom & Dad's Anniversary Card


Here is an anniversary card that I made for my parents. I wanted to find a recent card that hasn't been on display in my store and this is one of those rare ones. I took a Hero Arts workshop at the Mall of America (MOA) Scrapfest last year that taught us this unique fold for cards. I loved the idea and came up with this style of card that I have used for my Christmas Cards, Valentine's Day Cards, Easter Cards & Birthday Cards for the past year. I have had a very hectic personal life this past year and instead of not making any cards for the occasions, I used the same style. Why continuously re-invent the wheel when you have something that works. This style of card is fun to do and is very easy to incorporate with just about any scrap of paper you have lying around. My goal lately is to try and use up what I already have, but that wasn't the case for this card. I used the back side of BoBunny's Powder Blue Double Dot paper and made my own "patterned" paper using the Intrinsic Backgrounds stamp from Close to My Heart, VersaMark and clear embossing powder. My parent's wedding colours were blue and white. My dad did wear a grey tuxedo; which made me happy because a black tuxedo on this card would have been too over powering.

The stamp is from Stamping Bella, the flowers are an old line of Prima, Kaiser Craft Pearls, Worldwin White Cardstock, Marvy Scalloped Punches & Circle Punch, Copic Markers for colouring and a Stampin' Up Marker for the drawn lines to match the ink that I used to stamp my words. The blue behind the bride & groom was punched out from the BoBunny paper and I paper pieced the bride & groom onto it. I know some of you will be shocked to see me use white cardstock for the card and leave it mostly white, but no other colours would work. So, I had no choice, but to work with the white and not fight it.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card dahling! Can you believe I hadn't seen that one! Hope you are having a grand day, mwah!

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. LOVE The quote you chose for your header. LOVE It!

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete