Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Birthday from Edward

Well, I finally made time to play with my Edward stamp from The Greeting Farm. I received this stamp in the mail on Thursday, August 13th and my best-friend, Shanna, used it that weekend to make a birthday card & some bookmarks. I did receive one of her beautiful bookmarks, but I was still a bit envious that she got to play with the stamp while I had to prep for my upcoming workshops.

Anyways, it was my cousin's birthday last week and she is in love with Edward. I still have more workshops to prep for, a charity stamping party to get ready for and a store to run, but I really wanted to make her an Edward card. All of my young cousins, nieces & nephews appreciate my homemade cards. So, I love putting a little more thought into their cards and personalizing them to fit their interests.

Two of my cousins come to my house with my daughter after school when their dad is working out of town. This was the first day that I have had them since the new school year started. Both of their birthdays were within the last month and I hadn't seen them until today. So, I had until 3 p.m. today to get this Edward card done.

I began colouring my Edward image and then another and another and by the time I got to number six, it was pushing 1 p.m. They all looked good, I was just having fun playing with the highlights in his hair with my Copics. I really haven't played with my Copics and I got caught up in it. So, I got myself back on track and I was able to finish the card by 2:00 p.m.

I used both sides of the Little Yellow Bicycle Purple/Black Harlequin Two-Sided Patterned Paper, Bazzill Black Cardstock, BoBunny Heather Double Dot Patterned Paper, EK Success Postage Border Punch & Medium Photo Corner Punch, Kaiser Craft Black Rhinestones and a Hero Arts Sentiment Stamp.

The Copic Sketch Markers that I used were: Hair ~ E29, E39 & E99; Face ~ V0000; Clothes ~ 100 (Black), N0, N4 & V95

In the end, I used the first Edward image that I coloured. I am pretty proud of how the hair turned out since it was my first time colouring hair with more than one colour. My cousin loved the card.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome blending on his hair. I love how you left him looking "pasty and white"...so like Edward!

    ReplyDelete