Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!




Today is my mom's birthday and the first card in this post is the card that I made for her from Trevor, Amy, Sparkle & I.

My mom's favourite colour is blue and she loves butterflies. When I went to make this card, I was looking for a different butterfly in my stash when I came across this one and the card design just came to me.

The cardstock is from Stampin' Up & Bazzill and the patterned papers are from BoBunny's Midnight Frost 6x6 paper pack.

The butterfly is a Prima Marketing Jewel Box Butterfly, the buttons are from Stampin' Up, the staples are just from my regular stapler & the embroidery floss is from my stash.

I used CTMH's Happy Birthday Stamp Set & Sans Lowercase Alphabet Stamp Set and the sentiment stamp set on the inside is from A Muse Artstamps. To stamp the sentiments, I used Stampin' Up's Rich Razzleberry & Night of Navy ink.

The tools used on this card were the Zutter Distrezz-it-All, EK Success Border Punch & I drew the stitched swirl with a pencil and then hand stitched it. I also used the Clear & Baby Blue Copic Spica Pens (Glitter Pens) to accent the snoflakes on the card & the "Happy Birthday" sentiment.

The second card in this post was made from the scraps from my mom's birthday card. I have many cards to make from my grandparents and myself this month and I am sure this card will come in handy. The ribbon used on this card is from Stampin' Up.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo really pretty...she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - I love the little bits of red throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous - I'm sure your ma loved it! LOVE all the bling!

    ReplyDelete