Friday, March 23, 2012

Shake Your Tailfeathers!


Happy Birthday Jessica!

Jessica is one of my daughter's girlfriends. She comes to our house after school until her parents are off of work and she is a scrapbooker/card maker with her own blog.

I had a lot of fun making this card for two main reasons. One, I got to play with one of Kraftin' Kimmie's newer stamp sets that I couldn't wait to get my hands on. Two, I got to use an action wobble for the first time.

You can't tell in the photo, but the scalloped oval die-cut is attached to an action wobble so the bird image wiggles back and forth. I have been dying to get my hands on these for the store, but the company hasn't returned any of my phone calls or emails for the last 8 months.

So, my wonderful mom ordered me some off of amazon.com and picked them up at Ryden's for me when she was in the states last month. So they have been sitting in my scrap room, taunting me for a month.

I used My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side - One 6 x 6 paper pad with Bazzill Tangelo & Red Rock cardstock.

To embellish the card, I used CTMH Brads, Stampin' Up Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch with embroidery floss from my stash, the zig zag stitch on my sewing machine with orange thread, Big Scalloped Ovals Large & Small Nestabilities and an action wobble.

The stamps I used are all from Kraftin' Kimmie's Tweets and Twitters Two stamp set. The bird is paper pieced.

3 comments:

  1. Adorable...love a good pun...and a good wobble.
    Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, LOVE! Such fun colours and I love the stitching on your border! Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card . . . love the bright colours!!! :)

    ReplyDelete