Saturday, May 26, 2012

Happy 14th Birthday Amy!



Amy turned 14 on May 21 and today we are celebrating her birthday with a Karaoke Family BBQ. Tomorrow we are celebrating her birthday with 40 of her friends in Karaoke style.

Not only is the birthday theme Karaoke, but it is also florescent colours. Amy has always loved all her colours, but she has fallen in love with the 80's florescent colours that seem to be back in style.

That is why my card for her is so BRIGHT!

I used American Crafts Amy Tangerine Sketchbook 6 x 6 paper pad with Bazzill Black & Grape Slush cardstock, Stampin' Up Bright Teal cardstock from an old line and Staples Bright Cardstock. None of my CTMH, Stampin' Up or Bazzill cardstock came close to being bright enough, so I used my Staples Computer paper that I general use for posters around the store.

To embellish the card, I used Neon Green Flower Soft and Key Lime & Daffodil Liquid Pearls. I also used EK Success' circle punch, small & medium star punches; star circles & standard circles nestabilities; Spellbinder's M-Bossabilities Music and I even pulled out my old Marvy Corrugator (it's hard to tell in the photo).

The main image on the front of the card is Kraftin' Kimmie's "The Partridge Family". It was the perfect stamp for this card because it represents Trevor, TJ & I singing to Amy. I also used CTMH's Wild Thing, Party Pennants and Live out Loud - July Stamp of the Month stamp sets.

Copic Markers used: Yellow - FY1; Green - FYG2 & FYG1; Lime Yellow - FYG1; Teal - FBG2; Orange - FYR1; Pink - RV06 and Purple - V06.

I hope to post Amy's Birthday Invite along with some of her party favours by Tuesday.

2 comments: