Friday, September 21, 2012

G & G's 70th Anniversary Card



You read correctly....70th. On August 15th my grandparents had their 70th Wedding Anniversary. We celebrated it on August 12th with an Open House at the Oliver Road Community Centre. It was a great day!

I can't tell you a lot about this card like I normally do because I lost the sheet that I wrote all my supplies down on.

What I can tell you is that the patterned paper is BoBunny, the ribbon is from Stampin' Up, the twine & brads are from We R Memory Keepers, the heart pin is from a stationary store in Mall of America, the image stamp is from Stamping Bella and the sentiment stamps are from two different CTMH stamp sets.

I also used the Sophisticated Cricut Cartridge and the image was coloured in with copic markers. I think I used all the "T" copic markers for the grey colouring, but I am not 100% sure on that.

I have always wanted to try colouring an image in to look like a black & white photo and I absolutely love how this card turned out and so did my grandparents.

A little background. My grandparents' party colour was black, white & sea green with the damask design. They live in a senior's complex where they spent many warm evenings this summer on one of the benches out front of their building. My grandpa also loves birds, so this image was perfect for their card.

4 comments: