Thursday, November 20, 2014

Concussion Awareness

Tomorrow, Friday, November 21, 2014 at 12:00 p.m., it will be exactly one year to the day and time of my accident that gave me my Vestibular Concussion.

To this day, I still can't drive; even being a passenger in a vehicle is horrible. I am nauseous from the time I wake up in the morning and until I go back to bed at night. How nauseous I am depends on what I do that day or what I did the day before. I have a headache every day that works the same as my nausea.

I still have memory loss, foggy brain, neck & shoulder pain and the more I do, the worse all my symptoms get. I can go into more detail about what I can and cannot do, but this is the jist of it.

Am I better than I year ago tomorrow, yes. I couldn't type a blog post like this for months after my accident and I can walk more before getting really ill as long as I don't do stairs. 

I am about 40% better almost one year later. I will never be 100% better, but I may be 97% better. I am hoping that I will be 97% better and that 3% I have lost will be that I can never ride a roller coaster again. Why you may ask? I never rode roller coasters in the first place.

I don't think it will be that simple of a change, but I can be hopeful.

Tomorrow I am celebrating my one year of surviving my concussion with a 12 Hour Scrapbooking Crop with my close friends/family and my Close to My Heart Customers as a Thank You to them for being so supportive this past year.

Concussion Awareness Ribbon is grey. I made this ribbon with a bit of Donna Flair to represent my battle. I am known for my scrap room; which is teal & green and I love gerbera daisies.

The ribbon is Close to My Heart's Slate Diagonal Striped Ribbon, the flower is from Prima Marketing, the button is from MFT Stamps, the embroidery floss is from my stash and the pin it is all attached to is from Michaels.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your personal story. I would never have guessed you'd had such a year. Good luck in your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two years ago my girlfriend had a car accident and had "just a concussion". She is still not fully recovered, due to back concussion. Thanks for raising avareness

    ReplyDelete